อร่อย [a-ròi; Thai]: nice ; delicious ; tasty
For those of you who know me, you are aware of just how much I love to cook, especially Thai food. My adventures in Thailand were even partly inspired by my love of food. But Thai food is not the only food I love to cook! A-ròi covers all of my favorite cuisines, including Thai, German, Italian, American and Vietnamese.
A few notes on my eating style:
- Garlic. Lots of it. Why do recipes call for 2 cloves? Nonsense. Make it 5.
- Processed foods are disgusting. Stop eating them! You don’t need cream of chemical soup when you can make it with whole ingredients you already have in your kitchen.
- Your food is only as good as your ingredients. Check out your local farmers market or co-op; you’ll be surprised how affordable those organic or naturally grown veggies are. Better yet, grow them yourself!
- Seasonal. As in there are four of them. Tomatoes do not grow in February, hence those disgusting Franken-thingies you just bought are no good. You should have opted for the sweet potatoes.
- Meat is good. But chicken’s breasts should not be the size of your head. Pay attention to what you are buying.