As part of my Snack Night Initiative , I bring to you…make-your-own flatbread pizza night simplicity! This has to be one of the easiest, most versatile recipe ideas. All you need is a pack of flatbreads and some toppings! In the colder months I make these on the pizza stone in my oven, but in the summer try throwing them on the grill!
Here are some of my favorite combinations:
- Tomato, fresh basil, red onion & mozzarella
- Ricotta, baby spinach leaves, garlic & red pepper flakes
- BBQ sauce, grilled chicken, Gouda cheese, pineapple, jalapeno, red onion & cilantro
- Marinara sauce, Italian sausage, sweet peppers, onions & mozzarella
- Goat cheese, roasted zucchini & squash, garlic, fresh parsley & Parmesan cheese
- Marinara sauce, roasted eggplant, sweet peppers, mozzarella & Parmesan cheeses
- Ricotta, bacon, caramelized onions & roasted red peppers
What can you come up with?