I have fallen in love with making dinner salads. I used to believe that a salad could not be dinner. Alas, I was wrong. My first indication of this was with the Thai Larb Salad. I love coming up with new salads that are man-friendly and filling enough to get away with eating a ton of veggies for dinner 😉 When developing a man-friendly salad, the key is in the meat and the dressing. Are you craving a steak dinner with baked potato and salad? Enter: the Steakhouse Dinner Salad.
For the Steak
-1 large ribeye
For the salad
-salad greens (butter lettuces are great for this one)
-1 large potato, peeled & cubed
For the dressing
-A1 &/or Heinz 57 steak sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Toss the cubed potatoes with a little olive oil and season (I love Jane’s Krazy Salt or Cavender’s Greek Season; you could always just use salt & pepper). Spread the potatoes onto a foil lined baking sheet and roast for 20-25minutes or until golden brown.
- While the potatoes are roasting, season the steak and let sit at room temperature. Prepare your grill or broiler.
- Assemble the salad with greens, cucumber, tomatoes and red onion.
- Mix together dressing. I used about 3 parts ranch to 1 part steak sauce. Just test it and change to your tastes.
- Grill/broil/however you like to cook your steak and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice against the grain into strips.
- Place steak & potatoes onto salad. Serve with dressing.